A Family Dentist in Albany, OR
At the dental office of Scott Nicholson, we strive to provide our patients with the same level of care and service we would like for ourselves. Our friendly staff works hard to combine the best of traditional care with the newest techniques available. Services such as digital x-rays and intraoral cameras allow us to find small problems before they become bigger problems. Located in Albany, Oregon, we are currently welcoming new patients of any age.
About Dr. Nicholson
Dr. Nicholson (or Scott as family and friends call him) was born in Great Falls, Montana. His father was a paper mill manager, and his family moved often as his job demanded. Scott moved to Albany in 9th grade, attending West Albany High School. He continued on to Oregon State University, and then on to Dental School at Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU) in Portland.
Upon graduation in 1983, Scott took his commission in the United States Air Force Dental Corps. He participated in a 1-year General Practice Residency program at Scott AFB in Illinois from 1983-1984. After completion, he and his wife were stationed for the next four years at RAF Chicksands, north of London, England. He retired with the rank of Captain and as Assistant Base Dental Surgeon in 1988, and moved himself and family back to Oregon.
Scott joined the Albany office of Dr. Dalton Cooley in 1989 as an associate dentist. Then in 1991 he purchased the practice, where he has continued to provide family dentistry for over 25 years. He is past president of the Southern Willamette Dental Society, and volunteers with the Tooth Taxi, the dental clinic at the Albany Boy’s and Girl’s Club, and the Linn-Benton Community College Dental Assisting Program. Currently, he is a member of good standing with the Academy of General Dentistry, Oregon Dental Association, Mid-Willamette Valley Study Club, and the Albany Rotary Club.
Dr. Nicholson is a proud “OSU Beaver,” and regularly attends their football and basketball games in Corvallis. He and his wife, Susan, have two children. Son, Ian, lives and works in Washington DC; and daughter, Keira, graduated from OSU with a biology degree and is working locally in her field. Scott also enjoys snow skiing, golf, competitive tennis, and traveling with his family.
- West Albany High School, Albany, OR (Graduated 1975)
- Oregon State University, College of Science: Major: Pre-Dental (Graduated 1979)
- Oregon Health Sciences University, Dental School (Graduated 1983)
- United States Air Force, Dental Corps, 1-year General Practice Residency program (Graduated 1984)
- United States Air Force, Dental Corps, RAF Chicksands, England, 1984-1988 (Asst. Base Dental Surgeon)
The staff at Dr. Nicholson’s office is known for their attention to patients and the time they’ve been in their jobs. You won’t see a lot of new faces at Dr. Nicholson’s – instead, you’ll be able to form relationships with kind, considerate staff and hygienists who are devoted to their jobs.
Recently Dr. Nicholson was recognized by the Boys & Girls Club of Albany, OR for giving over 30 volunteer hours to their new dental clinic. Scott has also been spending time this winter mentoring LBCC Dental Assisting students. His other Community Involvement activities include:
- The Rotary Club of Albany, OR (1989 ~ Current member)
- Mid-Willamette Family YMCA
- Linn-Benton Community College, Albany, OR (volunteer dental services, and former member of Dental Assistants Advisory Board)
- Tooth Taxi (volunteered dental services during Albany visitations)
- Boys & Girls Club of Albany, OR (volunteer dental services in children’s on-site dental clinic, member of on-site dental clinic Advisory Board)
- Academy of General Dentistry (member)
- Southern Willamette Dental Study Club (participating member)
- Oregon Dental Association (member)
- American Dental Association (member)